Mar 10, 2007

basketball

Salam

Just now went to debate at astaka. Well, went there because the topic is interesting...besides one of my friend is one of the debater on top of the stage.

Anyway, you've done your best. So cheer ^_^ didnt watch till the end though. I thought maybe got some work to do. On my way back, walking towards the block and i saw few people playing basketball (shooting to the ring to be precise, not playing actually).



Then i tried to recall when was the last time i step in the court to play. It was the day before my ligament tore, around June and its just shooting because already injured that time. Maybe it was during January '06 which i got my first "PoP" at my left knee. I still remember the next day i couldnt walk for few days and had mc.

After a month i tried to play again and after few game same thing happen where my knee Pop again. What i mean by PoP here is the sound, which is produced when your patela is dislocated from its original place. And since then also i had to stop my silat training to avoid further injury.

I play at school for fun (influenced by Slam Dunk manga by Takehiko Inoue) and play basketball since then. Then i know about NBA and many more about basketball, AND1, hotsauce, crossover, lay-up, jump shot and many more.

While in KMJ, being friends with syafiq and faiz make my interest in basketball grow deeper. Practicing my shooting at 5pm everyday and become a sharp shooter (not dribbling ball good though cos my big body). I was so damn confident with my shooting where whenever i got the ball i just shoot and most of it either it is luck or what, went IN!

Continue to my walk back, i went to the court...after a year. That dude there pass me the ball, and i shoot. Well, the spinning is good, angle is good, speed is good BUT what i'm lacking now is the distance instinct. Last time because i shoot everyday i can even shoot with my eyes closed and with luck it may went in. But even with both eyes open, no moving air, no blocking but 9 out of 10 just "air-ball" (it doesn't even touch the ring)!! Damn it...

I hate the way i shoot now. It sucks. I'll surely feel ashame if i show how i shoot now to the friends while in KMJ...

DAMN again i MISS my good old times.... :(

No comments: