Feb 4, 2008

Analog VS Digital

Yesterday I went to my old house. There's still my old computer monitor in the box. My mum ask whether i'm still gonna use it or else she's going to throw it away. HELL NO!!! i said. Well, not exactly like that.LOL ;P

Anyway, its just the cpu is too old (imagine 1998 technology) and I was too lazy to upgrade since its like making the whole new PC again. So i just let my paksu take it, cos he said he want to repair the cpu for his daughter to play.

Back to the topic, so I bring back this my new monitor back to Kajang. This morning when i woke up the first thing I wanted to do is of course EAT ^____________^ But then I wanted to test the monitor first.

Plug it to the socket and connect it to my laptop. Heck...the graphic was EXCELLENT. New graphic in XP plus an old monitor is a brilliant combo. Now I've decided to use the monitor for watching movies. Yayy~

Its not that I againts digital (well, yeah I guess so). Its just that at the moment digital still cant beat analog in quality. I bought the digital camera just for my convenience. Too lazy to send to process the photo. Rather to look them in my laptop. Even if I process the film, I'm gonna scan it anyway.

Well, its once we had argument with my lecturer about this digital stuff. And yes he admits analog is way lot better. Just like my monitor case, he is more to SOUND lover (yeah..me too). Sound is much more better using analog amplifier/mixer rather than the new-tech digital one.

In digital, its all numbers "1" and "0" for whole process. And when to convert it back to analog (speaker) it has some data loss...which cause the there are loss in sound, for example some instrument is not as clear as others.

Even camera, you have limited megapixel...meaning you can only print out the photo up to certain size only. But with old analog camera, there are no such thing. They can be resized as large as you want it to be.


But back to the definition of technology, technology is application of science that is used to make life easier, thus making people more lazy. Digital is much easier to handle than analog. Had to admit with that. But day by day, digital technology is catching up with analog. Digital camera pixel is much larger than the past. In year 2000, digital camera with 12MP was a dream yet we have it now available in stores.

So, my suggestions to you guys out there;

  • Get analog if you want pure great quality (duhh...its not like you can find any analog stuff in stores anymore)
  • Get digital if you want to be lazy (like me) convenience.

Bye.

No comments: