Feb 15, 2009

My new hobby...Aquarium

Yay..I am now an amature aquarist. Previously I only own 2 Ikan Laga (Betta) which died in the care of my younger sister. Then I decided to buy Puyu (climbing perch) since easy maintenance. This is the only fish in my care that last this long...around 7 months already. There are 3 of them and named Giant, Sinyu and Nobita respectively according to their habit and character. Hahha~

Its been a while since I plan to own a larger aquarium, just that I dont have the money to buy one. I once surveyed at aquarium/pet shop and price for 2ft aquarium is around rm200 including the filter and motor. The price sure wont fit my budget, so I just keep the desire hidden back in my thought.

I do ask around for 2nd hand aquarium but still its either the condition is not good already or owner wanted for higher price. Until my Pak Andak told me around his housing area, he got a friend who wanted to sell aquarium since he already got too many of them. When he asked, the owner say that he is willing to sell for rm80 since he is just going to throw it anyway. This includes the stands and also the transportation cost (my Pak Andak lives in Sg Buloh). About 4ft length. Its been 1 month before I confirmed with him again to buy the aquarium.
















Of course i'm worried if the aquarium is still in good condition, whether it will be leaking, or the stand is rusty, top cover is broken, blablabla. Well, its far damn cheaper than new aquarium price. Just that this aquarium does not include the motor for pump. Pak Andak assure me the tank is in very good condition...but yet I still got worried about the condition. Hahha~

Last night, 14th Feb, they send me the aquarium. Heck. Its a great piece. The glass is thick and solid, there is also partition for filter, wiring for light, nice wooden cover and its BIG!!! I didnt imagine for the aquarium to be THAT big. But anyway, I was happy. Quite dirty inside since havent been cleaned properly. Its really heavy. Solid glass. New price for aquarium this big and same quality might reach rm400-500, yet owner sells for rm80. I really thankful to Allah for letting this come true.

He is sure aquarium fanatic. Suggesting me interesting type of fish. Well, everything is too sudden. And I dont have any idea yet on what fish I want to keep. I'm not sure about maintaining of big aquarium either, and ex-owner also gives advise on what should I do and so on.

Today morning, I clean up the aquarium with my sister. After everything is set, went to pet shop in Kajang to buy water pump. Cost me rm40. Went back at home and install everything. After sure it works fine then I head to the shop again to buy some fish. Brought along my sister to ask for what she wants to have. Sadly, we both have no idea. Guahahahaha :))

In my mind, since this is my first time...its better to have fish that is easy to maintain and more resilient. So I go for a couple of Lampam, Patin and Koi. And to replace Puyu in my old tank, I bought 2 pair of cute Guppies. haha~

After finish everything and release the fish to the aquarium, I can finally enjoy my new pet fish. In my mind was, I must finish everything today because usually I only back at home after 7pm, near 8...and sometimes 9pm. I wont have the time to do it in the near future.
















After everything is settled then I browse through internet to look for information about keeping fish in aquarium, maintaining and how to start one!!! Shite...I already screw up for the start. Should let the aquarium settled for around 3 day before release the fish. And let only few fish in for cycling process. But its quite OK considering the volume of water in my tank, unless I place too many fish and overpopulated the aquarium, cycling process should be no problem.

In the future, after I'm already get used in maintaining the aquarium, I wanted to buy an Arowana. Hopefully...hehhe~














Anyway, this is the picture of Book Xcess shop which is located at Level 3 of Amcorp Mall, Petaling Jaya. Just thought I left out the entrance pic in my post about this bookstore :P

-LB-

12 comments:

WaiRai said...

kalo saya datang memancing di akuarium anda marah tak??

admin said...

ya..saya marah.haha

Unknown said...

Wahahaha

Wairai, jom bet ngan aku berapa lama aquarium tuh tahan sblom dier campak!

JOM!

admin said...

aku pon mau bet..haha

hari ke-2..ikan saya berenang2 dgn gembira. akuarium saya berjaya. masih belum ada yang mati..hahaha

nox_xie said...

nak gak memancing dan bet.. ok.. en marai do update on how many fish tinggal dlm tu nanti.. once before bela ikan2 buat cantik akuarium.. now bela toman je.. senang.. takyah motor la air tanpa klorin la..

admin said...

update 4th day: semua ikan saya masih hidup..muahahaha. kalau berjaya hidup semua sehingga hari ahad saya kira success 1st phase.huahuahua.


ahli2 akuarium maraippo:

ikan lampam: 2ekor
patin: 2 ekor
koi: 2 ekor
puyu: 3 ekor

another akuarium:

guppy: 4 ekor (seekor betina suda bunting...baru 2 hari berkenalan dgn ikan jantan dah bunting..gatal betul ikan2 ni..huahuahua)

pelik tgk koi tak makan makanan fresh yg ada kat atas...hanya makan yg mendap ke bawah saja.huhu...nanti cuti mau search info samada ini habit makan koi atau ijou..huhauhauhau

WaiRai said...

dah byk ikan tu leh ar mancing2 skit.. hahahah

mediaposter said...

saya ade rekod hitam.
saya bela ikan sejak sekolah rendah.

ikaaaannn... pasti mati
ikaaaaaannnnn, ppaaaasttii mati.

admin said...

@akuma: toman ikan yang malas berenang2..sebab tu tak bela.hehhe

@wairai: haha..ikan aku tak layan mata kail

@mediaposter: setiap yg hidup pasti akan mati...semoga ikan2 aku panjang umur.amiinn.huahuahua

Pjoyz Zul said...

Bela ikan kelah + udang galah + kura-kura.. baru meriah skit.. hahaha.. tambah la aksesori skit kasi cantik.. pepasir.. bebatu.. pepohon.. hehee

YusriAzri said...

pasnie leh la menjala dalam akuariaum maraippo..

admin said...

@pjoy: pepasir akuarium saya takleh letak sebab filter jenis kat tepi..huhu. bebatu dan pepohon nanti2 la kot. beli bebatu dan kayu hanyut tu je...cool da kot