Jan 5, 2010

Choosing your gadget ^_^

I was known for someone who is not up to date with technology. Not because I hate it. Indeed I love technology. But I dont feel the need for me to go for it.

I look for technology when i find it was necessary in my life. Not just because I root for it.

Some people just too confuse on what to get from the market with sooo many selection of gadget and stuff, all with their own pros n cons.. Hopefully this guide will help in choosing the right one fit your style, and your budget

First of all, think what do you want..what is your needs. Do you want it for style, fashion, trend follower, u use it frequently and so on. Some people dont really know about the gadget they bought, since they bought it because everyone else have it. Getting the idea of your perfect gadget will really help.

Ok, for me I look for practicality. I like to be efficient and practical. For me, I would go for all-in-one type.

Usually, everything which is available in a decent smartphone.

My criteria will be:

  1. Ease of use - Sony ericson is a pain in the ass for me
  2. GPS - mainly because I dont really know places
  3. WiFi - to access free internet whenever I went outside/emergncy
  4. Multimedia Player - mp3, videos, movie..everything in one while traveling or working alone
  5. Decent camera - to snap sudden event
  6. Tough - I'm not too good with handling

For me, this whole stuff was readily available in Nokia N95. Unfortunately the GPS is too weak and hardly get any signal, forcing me to look for another model.

One perfect gadget for me would be OMNIA II, but since my budget too tight and price still high, I have to change my ideal phone no ExpressMusic 5730.

Among all Nokia release, I think this one fits me most. it has GPS, wifi, 3.2 MP carl zeiss camera, multimedia player. Plus it also has qwerty keyboard with good feel when using (since my hand is quite large), and also dedicated game button to play games..which i found very convenient

N-gage game pre-installed and they were very exciting. Plus they gave 1 free activation key to any of the games.

QWERTY keyboard is really useful especially when surfing the net. you can easily navigate using the D-pad and also type easily.

GPS respond is very fast too. The receiver is strong enough to capture signal eventhough during rainy or cloudy days. 

For me, this handphone fits me very well. I dont have to buy another mp3 player, gps unit, small laptop or portable game console since i have it in this one compact gadget. 

Let say I choose to spend on all these item separately:

PSP: RM600

GPS: RM700

MP3 player: RM200

Small laptop: RM1200

Total: RM2700

But with xpressmusic 5730, i spend RM1050 for all the stuff i need. Yeah...its worth it.

-LB-

3 comments:

azie said...

ko sama cam abang ak, guna benda ni utk internet..gps dia okay juga tapi jalan dia agak lari compare dgn garmin. carl zeiss itu menarik..


oh..ak masih pakai nokia yang tak ada kamera apa tah lagi ringtone mp3. haha

admin said...

install saja garmin, nokia original gps software tak bes. n memang lari pun. pakai garmin lebih detail n perfect. plus dia ada itu voice guidance.

Pjoyz Zul said...

aku prefer n86 bro. haha