Sep 22, 2008

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ28

Last time I was craving for ultra-zoom digital camera. I am known as a fan of Panasonic Lumix. Love their camera. Well, I'm not a good photographer, so i dont think there is a need for me to buy DSLR. But owning a semi-dslr is something different. 

It still have the simplicity of point-and-shoot camera with minimal adjustment on the manual features. Plus, you can record a video, which is something DSLR lacks. I assume only those who is serious in photography should proceed to dslr.

Me myself, I'd prefer this ultrazoom camera. Unlike normal point-and-shoot camera, these camera might have lens that can zoom up to 20x (optical). Even dslr needs to buy another set of lens to get that zoom capability.

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ18 was my choice, until recently they released the newer model, FZ28. Almost the same body with minimal changes but with better image quality and few other enhancement. This camera capable to zoom up to 18x. While using lower resolution, maybe the zooming capability can extend further. What makes both FZ18 and FZ28 is their iA mode, which is abreviation for "intelligent Auto" mode. Unlike the normal auto mode, iA will decide the best setting for exposure, speed and everything else which brings a joy for the user when image captured looks good. If user decides to to creative photography, they can also use the manual adjustment for their pleasure.  Despite being pricey with price matching DSLR, I am sure user will fully satisfied as it gives simplicity and quality. Check out the iA mode. Click Here

But comparing the image quality with DSLR is 100% unfair as they belongs to a different category. Yet, reading several reviews I believe this would perfectly match me :-D















When I choose to buy a camera, I'd consider their simplicity and the zoom capability. As for user friendly, LUMIX has won with their simple yet easy to understand camera menu. I also feel easy as LUMIX image stabilization works great. I didnt get same result using my aunty's Olympus nor my friend's Canon. 

Do some research by reading professional and user review in Internet before heading to the store. With some information you get in hand, you might have several question to ask the seller later.

I might wanna add some other features in this camera. This camera has enabled its zoom when recording (you can zoom when recording, most camera zooming is disabled when in recording mode thus you have to set the zoom length before start recording) . And you might want to know despite HD video quality it gives, the sound quality is not as good (mono, 16kbps, 44khz). But the sound lacking doesnt bother me though, as I feel its enough as long they have the sound in the video.












Price of FZ28 at the moment, cheapest I can find is RM1300 at e-bay.  Currently I am using my Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LZ5. Despite being old, its capability to zoom up to 8x optical in 3MP has beaten many other newer model in the market. I'm not looking for high megapixels (MP) camera for my use, since I only use the image to print 4R picture and nothing sized as big as giant posters. 3MP is more than enough to print beautiful 4R sized pictures.

The specs and review can be found via the link below:

Specs

Panasonic.net (Check out the iA examples)

Review

E-Bay

-LB-

2 comments:

Pjoyz Zul said...

nikon is better. siyes

admin said...

dslr mmg nikon...point n shoot is lumix la bro..huhu
at least it is for me :-P
point n shoot is about simplicity..haha