Dec 12, 2008

Google is Good~

Last time I never checked all those stuff that google had. i just love their email because of the simplicity (the reason why I keeps on using gmail in html mode).

Just now while playing around gmail I tried to change it to normal mode (last time I use this mode is around last year, when they are still in beta version and its still not quite good). Next what I found out when using this mode was they have theme included :-D

Well, I chose the underwater view. Nice one, because blue is nice :-D

Next I tried installing Google Desktop (a sidebar on yer desktop actually). Well, I know google had this for a long time already (yet I tested it just now). Whats great is that it has cool clock, plus the clock has day and date and I dont need to double click or anything because its already displayed :-D You can add any google gadgets to your google desktop. There are whole lot more but I just put on few because too much would be messy and inefficient. Whats on my GDesktop is digital clock, gmail, wheather and To Do List.Hehhe~

Gmail can also be accessed directly from the Google Desktop. I really like this feature. Usually I had gmail notifier at my taskbar to tell if there is any new mail coming in. Allowing me to check the sender and title to know the importance whether need to check it soon or later..hahha~

Whats cooler is when u set Google as your homepage. Uh-huh. You can set the top theme (well, the search box to be exact) and its no more plain old boring look :-D

You can choose what to display on the homepage, like gmail, wheather, time n date and also news headlines. Google is so cool. Yahoo is so boring. Hahha..well, I'm not a fan of yahoo except for its fantasy football and live football matchcast. I rarely on my YM or any yahoo application. 

I dont know if Yahoo have same feature, but heck...I like Google. Yahoo have this I think, but the interface is not as interesting as Google. I think I use it last time but didnt continue because its boring and messy. Hahha~

Here is my Google homepage and its sidebar. Click for larger view.














To download and install Google desktop, Click HERE

For google homepage, or iGoogle, you can go HERE


Its worth to try this feature if you use Google features regularly in daily life ;-)


-LB-

No comments: