Sep 12, 2008

Subwoofer sound bass test, new speaker is born. hehe

Last 2 weeks, I bought the connector to speaker. My main objective is to use my old hifi (which broke down oredi) and combine with my current speaker, Sonic Gear Tatoo-330. Planning to buy another amplifier since the sonic gear only capable to increase up to 32W only. 

But I try it out anyway, wonder if still can be used. The end result is superb. Well, not as superb as high end speaker but at least I was satisfied with the sound.

Previously, I had to set the equalizer depends on the song because the treble from the satelite speaker is not good enough. And sometimes when different type of song has high treble I need to configure again and increase the bass.

WAtching movie also is not as fun as the sound produced is not balanced between bass and treble. You can here the bombing but the sound of bullet is missing. I bought Philips Aurilium external sound card. It does improve the sound a bit. Some instrument in music not heard before is noticed.

Now after upgrading the satelite to Sony MiniHifi (my old one..around 10 years ago) and I found the sound I've been looking for without spending extra cash to buy either new amplifier or change to another set of multimedia speaker (Planned to buy Klipsch, priced 388 at lowyat), so now I can spend that money for something else. Hehehe.

Even changing to new set of speaker, I'm troubled in choosing the one that fits my taste. Sonic gear Blue Thunder or A5 gives the BEST bass sound, yet their treble and sound clearity sucks. Altec Lansing is out of the league. Their new model is the worst. Cracking sound can be heard anywhere.

Edifier..too costly for a 40W speaker. Their speaker is designed with some intelligent mechanism, which will adjust the speaker not to crack the sound if turned full volume. Yet, I cannot find the shaky-vibrating-dropping your heart bass I admire.

Seems like only Sonic Gear able to give that particular sound, until Yus introduce me to Klipsch. Which I will totally recommend for those looking for powerful speaker with great bass and as a complete package. Placed lower in the speaker rack, I turn off all the speaker at the demo cabinet to find out the speaker that gives that bass i wanted...and there it is!! And priced RM388...

Back to my speaker, Tatoo 330 is capable to produce nice bass sound, the problem maybe the satelite speaker is too small and cracks when pushed a little bit further. So changing it to Sony speaker gives a whole lot different sound. The bass is not only produced by the subwoofer, but also this two new satelite (sized larger than the woofer itself). And since the driver is larger than original satelite speaker, the treble is clear. Tested with dolby effect, thx and few other sound test and sound is satisfying.

Ahh...now have no problem playing the music out loud as the sound no longer annoys me. Hehhe

Btw, here is the link for those who want to test their speaker, they have all sorts of mp3 files with different effect to test your sound, from bass to everything :-)

http://sinan.ussakli.net/basstest/










New Tatoo 330

:-D

-LB-